Meeting Room Specifications
The public may book meeting rooms at the Library up to six months in advance by calling 563-344-4175. Rooms of varying sizes are available. See the Meeting Room Policy for a schedule of fees. Groups may bring their own refreshments, or arrange for delivery of food and beverages by the Library's Dewey's Cafe. All rooms have projection screens.
- The Elizabeth Malmros Conference Room has a capacity of 24.
- The Norman Kelinson Meeting Room has a capacity of 36.
- The Bettendorf Room has a capacity of 230. It may be split into two or three smaller rooms. When split into three rooms, the maximum capacity of each room is 50. Folding walls keep out sound, allowing independent use of all the rooms. This room has electronic shades to darken it. When split into three rooms, they are called Bettendorf, Gilbert, and Lillienthal.
For more information, see the Meeting Room Policy.
Meeting Room Guidelines
Meeting Room FAQ
- Can my group reserve a meeting room for multiple meetings?
- May I bring in snacks and coffee?
- May I bring in my own alcoholic beverages for my meeting?
- What A/V equipment and services does the library provide?
- What if I require additional assistance with set up?
- What if there is bad weather?
- Can I charge attendees for my event?
- Are there any smoking areas?
- Can I hold a wedding event or personal party (birthdays, reunions, baby showers, etc.)?
- Is a deposit required? Is my deposit refundable?
- Can I hang signs, banners, or decorations in and around the Library?
- Am I required to sign a contract and supply insurance?
- What time can my event start and end?
- Can other events take place in the building at the same time as mine?
- What happens if I don't show up for my reserved time?