Youth Reading Programs
Sign-up for the Summer Reading Program today! This is a reading program for all ages, including a Read-To-Me Program provided for children not yet reading. You do not need to be a resident of Bettendorf to participate in this program. The last day to turn in your completed reading log to the Youth Services Desk is Saturday, July 28th.
Check the library Calendar of Events during June and July for fun programs that go along with the Summer Reading Program's theme, "Libraries Rock!" Sign up starts Monday, June 4th!
You can sign up in two ways:
- In person at the Youth Services Desk
- Or online using our new summer reading program app!
- This wonderful site is powered by Bettendorf Public Library and Beanstack! You can create an account for yourself, your children, or even your classroom! You will be able to track your reading, contribute reviews, earn badges and never need a paper log again. The URL is https://bettendorflibrary.beanstack.org.
- If you want to register in person but use Beanstack we can help you with account creation. We will also have fliers with helpful hints located throughout Youth Services.
- You can even use it on your mobile devices through an official app:
- If you would prefer paper copies you can download them here:
- If you and your child are still reading together the Read-To-Me Log has a goal of fifty books. Twenty-five books is the goal for the half-way award.
- The Reader Log has a goal of 600 minutes (10 hours). The minutes are split up in twenty minute increments. twenty minutes a day should only take thirty days to complete.
- Those in Middle and High School (including Sixth Graders if they prefer) will need the Young Adult Log. Four hours is the half-way goal. A total of eight hours, two optional book reviews and optional attendance to two events will complete the program.
- Please do not just print out the logs. Registration is extremely important for our statistics and knowing how to contact potential raffle winners for the end of our programs. Thank you for your understanding.